Pakistan

Waqar Younis Criticized Babar Azam after Pakistan Losses

Former Pakistan fast-bowler Waqar Younis criticized the Babar Azam-led team after their six-run defeat to India in the T20 World Cup. He expressed his frustration, noting that Pakistan failed to win despite bowling India out for a low score.

Pakistan

“I think India offered Pakistan a decent chance to ineffectively win by batting. They could have easily scored 140-150. Losing those seven wickets at the end didn’t help. However, India is such a well-balanced team.

“If their batting fails, they still have bowlers like Jasprit Bumrah, Mohammed Siraj, and Ravindra Jadeja. Their bowling and fielding are strong, making them a super team.

“Pakistan – if you can’t run this match, Nothing more should be said. This was given to you on a plate and Pakistan messed it up. It was a terrible performance by the Pakistani batters. There were a few partnerships at the beginning but they couldn’t finish the game,” said Waqar to Star Sports after the match.

Read More: Ind Vs Pak Match | Release Imran Khan Banners In New York

Waqar Younis Criticized Mohammad Rizwan after Pakistan Losses

He also criticized wicketkeeper-batter Mohammad Rizwan for his shot selection against Jasprit Bumrah, which led to his dismissal and allowed India to make a comeback and win the match, marking the lowest total they have defended in Men’s T20Is.

Pakistan

“The game was in hand, it was run-a-ball. That shot from Mohammad Rizwan was inferior, and when he got out, I knew something special was going to happen because we know Bumrah and Siraj’s capabilities,” he added.

Amazing left-arm quick bowler Wasim Akram had comparative view’s have been playing cricket for a long time, and I can’t show them.” Rizwan needs game mindfulness. Rizwan should have realized that Bumrah was brought in to take wickets, and he should have played cautiously. Instead, he went for a risky shot and got out.

Wasim Akram Criticism Towards Fakar Zaman

With Pakistan facing an early exit from the tournament, Wasim Akram directed his criticism towards batters Fakhar Zaman and Iftikhar Ahmed.“Iftikhar Ahmed only knows how to hit on the leg side. He has been in the team for years but still doesn’t know how to bat properly.I can’t teach Fakhar Zaman about game awareness. Pakistani players believe that if they don’t perform well, only the coaches will be blamed and nothing will happen to them. We should keep the coaches and replace the whole team.

Pakistan

Wasim Akram also revealed that captain Babar Azam and left-arm fast-bowler Shaheen Shah Afridi are not on speaking terms since the change of captaincy earlier this year. “Some players don’t want to communicate with each other.” This is international cricket, and you represent your country. These players should be benched.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *